Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Meltzer Just Blows It Completely

I've written in the past about why it is that I like Brad Meltzer, and since he's got a new book out now, I thought I'd give him a quick plug here. I always knew the guy had a real sense of humility, but now I know he's also got a nice self-depreciating wit — as evidenced by the following video. It's a compilation of little leaguers and senior citizens reciting some of the barbs that have been thrown at Brad. It's pretty funny. I got an advance copy of Brad's new book a few weeks ago and I'm just under halfway done at this point, so I'll hold off on giving any form of review for now. Instead, I'll say grab a copy for yourself and let me know what you think. The book is called The Book of Lies, it's about what the Cain and Abel story and the creation of Superman might possibly have in common, and it's available at bookstores everywhere. Heck, the book even has a soundtrack. (Really.) Brad will be at Brookline Booksmith on Monday, September 22 at 7 p.m. I'll see you there. For now, enjoy this video.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home