Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Let Me in the Sound!

When Rolling Stone and Entertainment Weekly have already written raves, I feel like there's nothing more of any significance that I can add. But I do want to register my enthusiastic thumbs up approval for U2's new album, No Line on the Horizon. Some albums take repeated listens to truly enjoy. For example, I needed to listen to Lily Allen's latest album twice before I knew I loved it. But NLotH I liked from the first chords of the opening title track. No, it's not a perfect album from start to finish (those lines about "force quit and move to trash" in the song "Unknown Caller" are really corny), but the first half especially is terrific. I love "Magnificent" and "Moment of Surrender." Even "Get on Your Boots" sounds better when listened to as part of the entire album and not on its own as a single. So yeah, rush right out and pick this one up.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home